Enarratio Psalmorum (Ps. 109-118)
Opera omnia XVII
- Pages: 495 p.
- Size:155 x 245 mm
- Illustrations:2 b/w
- Language(s):Latin, German
- Publication Year:2013
- € 315,00 EXCL. VAT RETAIL PRICE
- ISBN: 978-2-503-54293-5
- Medieval Latin literature
- Printing and Publishing (from ca. 1500)
- Scholastic Philosophy (c. 1100-1500)
- Christian devotion & forms of religious expression
- Christian Church : laity & heterodoxy
- Christian Theology & Theologians
- Medieval Latin language
- Germany, Switzerland & Austria (c. 500-1500)
- Balkans & Western Asia (Near East) (c. 500-1500)
- Late Middle Ages (c. 1300-1500)
"Hitherto, the only available edition was that published in 1558 by Matthias Flacius Illyricus. Because no manuscripts have survived, Jana Nechutová and her colleagues have been forced to rely on Flacius. That limitation has not prevented them from producing an excellent edition, based on philological textual-critical methodology, which expands access to, and the usability of, the text." (Thomas A. Fudge, in: Speculum, 89/4, October 2014, p. 1159-1160)
Another volume of the M. Iohannis Hus Opera omnia brings the Enarratio Psalmorum (Ps. 109-118), first presented as lectures at Charles University in Prague by the Czech reformer Jan Hus († 1415), probably between 1405 and 1407. Since there are no manuscripts preserved, the critical edition is based on Flacius Illyricus’ Nuremberg print from 1558.
Jana Nechutová is Professor at the Faculty of Arts (spec. Latin Literature) at Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic.