Paul Bril e la pittura di paesaggio a Roma 1580-1630
- Pages: 380 p.
- Size:255 x 285 mm
- Illustrations:194 b/w, 153 col.
- Publication Year:2006
- € 240,00 EXCL. VAT RETAIL PRICE
- ISBN: 978-88-7003-040-2
- Not Available
- Introduction - Essay, with 6 chapters containing 153 coloured and b/w illustrations
I. Paul Bril, nordic painters and landscape painting in Rome 1580-1630.
II. Landscape painting at the time of Gregorio XIII and beginning of Matthijs and Paul Bril careers.
III. Paul Bril activity and contacts with artistic world in Rome.
IV. The Seventeenth-Century. Paul Bril, topographical and hermit landscape.
V. First and second decade. The maturity of the painter.
VI. Collections of landscape paintings in Rome.
- 13 coloured plates - Catalogue of the paintings with 193 bibliographical descriptions and 254 b/w illustrations.
- Index of names and places.